Thursday, November 1, 2012

Last Week

Sorry for the lack of updates!  With Hurricane Sandy hitting us, and the fact that I'm from NJ and the majority of my family and friends are spread throughout New Jersey, NYC and Long Island, I was focusing on making sure everyone at home was safe and sound.

So last week I went to Koreana in West Philly with my friend Kelsey for lunch.  It was my first time getting Korean food, so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect.  Let me tell you, it was DELICIOUS.  I ordered (based on Kelsey's recommendation) a traditional Bibim Bap, which is served in hot stone bowl.  It had rice, sprouts, carrots, greens, beef and a fried egg on it.  Then you pour delicious red spicy sauce on to taste and stir it up.  You have to be careful not to burn yourself on the bowl, but the way the bowl toasts and crisps up the rice on the bottom is the BEST!  SO DELICIOUS.

First time having Korean food! @Koreana in Philadelphia
I also am a sucker for bubble tea, particularly when it is Thai iced tea with bubbles, so I caved and ordered one.  The cup it came in had adorable boy and girl elephants on it!  I almost wish I had saved it!
How cute is this cup?  I love bubble tea!

When I went to Red Bank before the storm, my best friend and I went to the riverside park next to her apartment.  If you can't read it, it says, "The sun is up The sky is blue.  It's beautiful And so are you" which are some lyrics from Dear Prudence, by the Beatles. <3 p="p">


No comments:

Post a Comment