Monday, April 15, 2013

Springtime

Long time, no see!  I've been terrible about updating this thing, but I'm hoping that soon I'll change that around and actually give this block the attention it deserves!

Latest obsession: watches.  I haven't had a proper watch since my senior year of college.  In June of 2011, I wore my cheapie, $25 timex from Century 21 to Crete, where the battery promptly died.  I would have replaced the battery, but the leather band was beginning to fall apart anyway, and I opted not to have it repaired.  Now, however, I'm craving watches like there's no tomorrow.  There are 3 on my "Longings" list, with this Kate Spade beauty being my current favorite:

Kate Spade "Metro" watch - $195
There's just something about it.  I almost always prefer gold to silver, and leather bands to metal or plastic.  While I usually go for brown colored leather, the "bazooka pink" band brings a smile to my face and a flutter to my heart.  All I hear when I look at it is "Think Pink!" from Funny Face with Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire.  This watch makes me want to think in pink all summer long.  However, at close to $200, it is more than I would ever pay for a watch on my own.  Why are there no gifting holidays in the summer?!?



No comments:

Post a Comment